Re: Downloadable fonts and image replacement

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> From discussion with our engineers, it
> seems clear that we want to convert all webfonts to system fonts and
> inject them into the system.

What about when you have different pages embedding different fonts that
have same name?  So renaming each automatically installed webfont
generally requires modifying the font to have unique name.

And in Linux, the general direction is towards using cairo for rendering
and some OpenGL as backend for cairo so that various transformation
could be applied.  In this case, it may prove easier if SVG fonts are
used.  Of course, I'm just shooting wild guesses now.

Regards,
ogi