RE: CSS 3 Roadmap

> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 00:44, Benton, Kevin wrote:
> > One more try :)
>
> Sorry, Easter holidays...
>

> > Is the roadmap at http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work#table
> > up-to-date?
>
> Don't rely on any of the dates marked as estimates. The working group
> has limited resources and we can't predict how long it takes to solve
> all issues on a spec. Even less can we predict when something will
have
> been implemented enough to change the status of a spec to Candidate
> Recommendation or Recommendation. That depends on the situation of the
> "market" and the internal politics of the various software makers.
>
> If you are interested in a particular module, you can help to advance
it
> faster with detailed comments (especially if accompanied by the actual
> text to substitute), with implementations (in one of the existing
> browsers, but also in other products) and especially with test suites.
>
> I just fixed the page to update the list of modules, because we
recently
> decided to split the Text and Paged Media modules into two parts each.

Bert et. al. - thanks for the update.  I do understand about having
limited resources.  I'd like to stop writing my literature in Docbook
and start writing it in XHTML/CSS, but that's difficult to do if the CSS
supporting it doesn't give me the functionality I need (page
headers/footers per section, etc.).  Paged Media is a key part of that.
I'm hoping to work with Firefox developers to get it implemented soon.
That will help me leave a lot of this Docbook stuff behind me and get
rid of a lot of tools & overhead that I won't need any longer...

I'd rather do things like...

As you can imagine, yes, I can already do this stuff in Docbook, but
like I said, I'd rather do it in XHTML/CSS because then I won't need
specialized tools to publish with.  Any CSS3 supporting browser will be
able to print my material.

---
Kevin Benton
Perl/Bugzilla Developer/Administrator, Perforce SCM Administrator
AMD - ECSD Software Validation and Tools

The opinions stated in this communication do not necessarily reflect the
view of Advanced Micro Devices and have not been reviewed by management.
This communication may contain sensitive and/or confidential and/or
proprietary information.  Distribution of such information is strictly
prohibited without prior consent of Advanced Micro Devices.  This
communication is for the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender, then
destroy any remaining copies of this communication.