Re: Support for south indian language in CSS-3 Lists

On Thursday 2000-01-20 15:23 +0530, Jose wrote:
> I am working in CDAC-india a government organization working for web
> internationalization.While going through the Draft for CSS-3 Lists. I
> found that the list-style-type for bulleting is done only  for
> numerals in south indian languages named tamil,telugu,malayalam and
> kannada i.e no alphabetic bulletins are provided.Are they any
> provision for providing alphabetic bullets in these languages.if so
> how?

I think the primary reason that these alphabets are not included is that
no speakers of those languages have told the editors of css3-lists how
such numbering should work.  If somebody (such as you) were to propose
text, to this mailing list, that describes how those list
numbering/lettering systems work, it would likely be included in the
next draft (assuming that the next draft maintains the current approach
of specifying lots of numbering systems).  Such text would need to be as
detailed as the information provided for numbering systems in the
current draft.

-David