Re: [CSS21] Does 10.6.7 apply to the root element?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:55:47 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:55:46 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> And what if 'overflow' is set on the root element (to 'auto')?
>
> The spec is unambiguous. It says exactly what should happen to determine
> 'height', in terms of the computed value of 'overflow', and the computed
> value of 'overflow' is 'auto' in that case.
>
> (This contradicts what dbaron said, which may have been the _intent_ of
> the specification, but is certainly not what the specification says.)

Right. So my next question would be what Opera and others are going to
implement. Do we implement the unambiguous behavior as specified or is the
unambiguous behavior changed to something some people might perceive as
more sensible (still unambiguous obviously, just different)?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>