Paged Media: Images and Vertical Justification (aka avoiding large blanks due to page breaks)

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 05:13:20 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

So I'm laying out a long document with CSS. It has a lot of images. The problem
I'm running into is that sometimes an image is just a little too big to fit on
the page, so it jumps to the next page, leaving 1/3 of the page blank. If I were
laying this out by hand, I'd scale the image down a bit so it would fit. It'd be
nice if CSS could do this automatically.

~fantasai