Re: [CSS21] Does 10.6.7 apply to the root element?

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:15:06 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

On Saturday 08 April 2006 02:40, Garrett Smith wrote:

> Is the goal of the CSS WG to copy IE's buggy behavior?

If the root is not the ICB, the ICB is not selectable by CSS, and thus
overflow for instance cannot be styled.

I think treating the root as ICB is the most sane behavior.

Ofcourse it is already inconsistent since in paged mode, you select the ICB
using the "@page" context/selector.

If we insist on copying Mozillas accidental behavior, we need another way to
style the viewport consistently like with a "@viewport" context.

`Allan