Re: Simple template-based editing

David Woolley wrote:
> (My view is that the need to enforce such templates indicates a failure
> of the the original web concept of allowing ordinary people to author
> content.)

   Personally, I see the enforcement of templates as counter to the
spirit of wikis and other similar sites. If people are prevented from
editing the contents of a template, and the template is optional, they
will simply create the apparent equivalent of the contents of the
template and add their own changes. In other words, people will try to
hack the template system. Enforcing a set of template rules is like
trying to prevent copyright infringement. In fact, the two my not be
unrelated...

   Template enforcement = DRM???

   /me shrugs.