Re: Simple template-based editing

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:57:35 +0200
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Quoting Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>:
> It's obviously very limited (no way to restrict the contents beyond the
> DTD), but it might still be useful and at least it is simple.

As browsers are typically no validating parsers and DTDs are near dead (except
for character entities) I do not think this would be a good solution.

I do like the idea of having a simple editing API. It might be a good thing to
coordinate with the WHATWG if the CSS WG is going to look into these things.

Kind regards,

Anne

--
Anne van Kesteren