Re: [CSS21] Paged Media

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:59:38 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

>  Should table header and footer be repeated on each page?

As I understand it, that was the reason for having thead and tfoot and
corresponding display property values.  I believe that IE deliberately
doesn't default thead and tfoot to the corresponding styles.

> It is my experience that this leads to unexpected page-breaks as web-pages
> have not been designed with this rule in mind. I recommend removing the rule.

In my experience, those pages haven't been designed for printing at all.
Normally I find that you have to print landscape to stand any chance of
not having the text clipped and get all the navigation stuff printed.
I don't think the average commercial web page is a valid test of
printing behaviour.