Re: XHTML+CSS single-source (multi-channel)

From: Emrah BASKAYA <emrahbaskaya@hesido.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:01:24 +0300
To: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, www-style@w3.org

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:40:47 +0300, David Woolley
<david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:
/snip

>> For example, here in Kazakhstan, at "Intimak" NGO we publish the same
>> health
>> information as a webpage and as 2-fold double-sided A4 brochure format
>> and
>
> I would say these versions were only suitable for in house rendering as
> CSS permits users to change things in ways that would break your
> pagination,
> even if you've allowed for different printable areas.

User styles are nice possibilities but I am sure the power users would be
apt to disable their user CSS if they want to properly print it, esp. on
the presence of a note about disabling user styles when printing. Let the
user worry about this, this should not be a thing to worry about by the
authors.

Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com