RE: XHTML+CSS single-source (multi-channel)

Dear Lachlan,

Thanks for your reply.

No, media queries does not do it for a few reasons.

1) Target documents (or channels) may themselves be multi-media.  For
example, a webpage .htm+.css output document (target or channel) would
usually contain both @media screen { } *and* @media print { } CSS
instructions.

2) Target documents may not be distinguishable based on media.  The target
document "A4 double-fold double-sided brochure" is printed on the same media
as the one that could be called "A4 double-sided text-only".

All the best

David