Re: Browsers will never get it right [was Re:Blocked-base parsing?]

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dimitri.glazkov@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:57:29 -0500
To: orion.adrian@gmail.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On 9/15/05, Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have yet to see an RSS feed that says, best
> viewed in X. That's an issue only when you allow styling code to be
> determined by the author.

Let's not get too radical here. RSS only provides general structure of
a list of stories. It does not define the actual content of an
article. That is still the domain of HTML.

Orion, I see where you are going with this. However, the problem with
this thinking is that on the end, you will end up simply reinventing
HTML.

The reason why it is so easy to get excited about "advantages" of RSS
over HTML is because RSS ignores the hard part of the job --
structuring arbitrary content.

Also, have you heard of microformats (http://microformats.com/)?

:DG<