Re: Browsers will never get it right [was Re:Blocked-base parsing?]

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:12:03 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Orion Adrian wrote:

> RSS differs in two major facets. One it removes all styling and
> javascript making it suitable for pretty much anywhere even phones and
> PDAs.

And this is a totally ridiculous way of dealing with stylesheets. I remind
you that the cascade and the design of CSS let you easily override any style
present in a document instance. It's incredibly easy to "flatten" *all* the
styles in a document instance for the purpose of cell phone rendering.
There are tons of RSS feeds out there that _do_ have styles, that you can
easily read in an xml-compliant browser like firefox.

> So I say that a new model is already upon us. I say that it's time we
> took a look and see why so many people are starting to prefer RSS over
> standard HTML feeds and in that view I find we'll see that client side
> CSS and Javascript isn't a good solution.

Good luck.
Let's also study why lame VHS killed superior Betamax, ok?

</Daniel>