Re: Block-based parsing; allow lies

Emrah BASKAYA wrote:
> So how would @require hurt us more than the current situation does?

Mostly in terms of the amount of work needed to get it to happen.

> Oh, and it is 100% future proof, as things would only get better with better standards
> support.

Assuming the future brings better standards support instead of the standards
redefining how things should work (like CSS2.1 did for generated content, say),
and making used-to-be-compliant impls effectively non-compliant.

> ->I can make my design stand-out using new CSS features, while making
> sure I am providing an optimized experience for older UA's. Without
> "required", I don't have *as many* options as I would have with it, do
> I? (and it is not all that bad to have more options on the plate)

The question is whether this option brings enough benefit to be worth the work.

> ->Given enough time, all browser who claim support will support the
> properties more ideally.

Perhaps.  I have yet to see that happening.

-Boris