Re: Are href and src part of CSS?

From: White Lynx <whitelynx@operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:26:06 +0400
To: www-style@w3.org

> I believe that this would be considered behavioural,
> and therefore outside the the scope of CSS.
Consider it like you wish, but there is clear requirement in CSS community and two different rendering engines already implemented linking extensions.

> Moreover, in standardisation timeframes, this is unnecessary, because
> XHTML 2 allows any element to be the origin of a hyperlink.
It is completely irrelevant. XHTML is not the only markup language on the earth and the main point was to have flexible control over representation of links (what and when they should be applied to) via style sheets.