Re: Are href and src part of CSS?

Adrian,

this query wasn't related to authoring, rather user accessibility,
sorry for any confusion, XSLT isn't relevant in this instance.

content seems designed for a rather different purpose, it isn't clear
that your suggestion would be supported "the value of the content
property is a sequence of text strings..." not images as I read it,
but please let me know if my quote has been updated.

cheers

~:"

On 8 Sep 2005, at 15:22, Orion Adrian wrote:

On 9/8/05, Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote:

> It would be convenient for many if a particular destination was
> listed but once on a page, but might be clicked from various
> locations. This would seem to be feasible where destinations are part
> of the style and linked by class....
>
> Are href and src truly part of the content of a page? if not they
> might be considered part of the presentation.
>
> a.mylink {href: http://www.peepo.com}
> img.mypix {src: clara.gif}
>
> Sighted mouse and keyboard use being such essentially contrasting
> disciplines.
> Activation of a link could highlight all cases of a class
> demonstrating their relation.
> Currently this is only possible for immediate proximity, and then
> with difficulty.

content: url(clara.gif) covers the second case, but the first case is
very much semantic or did you have in mind that all links would be
given an id? CSS isn't a CMS solution, but merely a presenation
system. XSLT would handle the first case better than CSS.

--

Orion Adrian

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Learning Disabilities and the Internet

29 Crimsworth Road
SW8 4RJ

020 7978 1764