Re: 'locking' symbols with text

From: Larry Israel <lisrael@cruzio.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:55:04 -0700
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Jonathan,

> thank you so much for taking the time to consider this issue and reply.
> I need a real world ubiquitous solution, so A) wasn't suitable.
[...]
> I'm really perplexed as I am due to start a project next week and
> there doesn't seem to be any reasonable solution.
> I'd would not want to use tables for layout, but am struggling to
> find an alternative solution.

If you are looking for real-world solutions to a CSS issue today (any CSS
issue), a far better place to ask is:
http://www.css-discuss.org
The CSS-D list is dedicated to exactly that purpose, and is excellent and
very active.

This list (www-style) is not intended for solving today's real-world CSS
issues. It's for discussion of CSS *standards*; determining what the CSS
specification will be in the future. The standards affect real-world
implementation, but only in the someone-distant future, a few years from
now.

Larry