Re: CSS 3 color module and deprecation of "system" colors

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> So, assuming that I want to have a page with two distinct sections,
> separated by a line for clarity. How would I style the document as a
> whole to use the default foreground/background colours
> ? And how could I style the line (which I'd
> just apply as, say, a bottom border of the container for the first
> section) to be the same colour as the text of the page?

Assuming the sections are enclosed in <section> tags (since you didn't say
anything about what your markup is), like so in CSS2.1:

   section { border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-width: 2px }
   section + section { border-bottom: none; }

Or in CSS3 you can be more explicit:

   section { border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-width: 2px;
             border-bottom-color: initial }
   section + section { border-bottom: none; }

-Boris