RE: Probable_SPAM: A Bug

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:14:11 +0100
To: "Jimmy Denton" <evillereplica@hotmail.com>, <www-style@w3.org>

> Jimmy Denton

> I would just like to point out a small bug in the CSS Validator. The
> commands that change the scroll bar come up as property not
> found whenever they clearly work.

If you mean the various "scrollbar-..." properties: they're proprietary
additions that MS introduced and they're not part of the CSS spec.

They work in IE, but they're not valid...hence the validator is behaving
correctly. "Clearly work" does not necessarily mean valid.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk