Re: What 'Advanced Layout' suggestions have been proposed?

Yes! That actually is very much like XBL shadow content. The issue
that I am raising can be illustrated by this question:

If css reorganizes or inserts content, are the changes available to
DOM scripts? If yes, how? If no, why not?

The most tempting and easiest thing to do this would be to just modify
DOM directly. That of course is wrong, because the whole point of
doing it outside of DOM and markup is to keep the DOM tree clean.

:DG<