Re: Simple template-based editing

From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:18:07 -0400
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>
>>> A document _is_ structure + presentation. Why should a user action
>>> preserve
>>> only the first part of it?
>>

>> No, a document is structure + semantics + content.  Presentation is a
>> separate layer provided by a stylesheet, and the document's own
>> stylesheet(s) should be used, not those from another document.
>

> Then we completely disagree on this market, I am afraid.
>
> We're about to release a wysiwyg gecko- relaxng- css-based editor, so let's
> stay tuned and we'll see if customers like our way of thinking.

As a customer of WYSIWYG editors that would be used in our CMS, I do not
want style in my content. I want presentation in CSS. Our situation
might be unique, but that is what I want.

That being said, I will check out your editor. I just wish I could find
a schema driven editor that was cross platform and cross browser :(

-Rob