Re: Suggested extensions to CSS

From: Lee Hyde <anubeon@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 03:36:12 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Dear Sir/Madam
                          I have two suggestions for extensions to the
CSS standard and they are as follows:

*    1. Vertical-Position*
       I have for some time now using the position: fixed; parameter to
secure my navigation and header boxes at the top of the
       screen thus creating the illusion of an inline frame. However
there is one minor drawback to this approach; should the view
       port be too small it may become impossible to access portions of
these boxed as horizontal scrolling is not possible for fixed
       boxes. The ability to apply the fixed parameter with a vertical
bias would solve this problem and my have additional
       implications for site design.

    *2. Browser/View port specific styles
    *    Due to the inequity regarding standards support in the current
browser market (specifically thinking of IE6) it might be usful
        to be able to specify styles/style sheets specific to browsers
in much the same way as it is done for specific media
        (i.e. print, screen etc..)

                                            Kind Regards, Anubeon