Re: Simple template-based editing

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: Simple template-based editing

>> HTTP PUT is not a practical solution as it needs then parsing support
>> on server side to strip edited content.
>
> I identified two cases, template documents and rich form controls.
>
> I believe that IE's contenteditable is aimed at template documents.

Probably, but if you will open in IE following
Edit me:
edit it and save it you will not see your changes in the document.

To be practically usable, contentEditable requires some additional UI
like in-place toolbars, etc. Now this UI is part of web page and this
page is supposed to be a clean template I guess.

Andrew Fedoniouk
http://terrainformatica.com