Re: Why Binding Scripting in Style Layer Conflates Semantics

From: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:53:51 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

At some point was it missed that XForms provides the select with it's
data type from the data's schema? XBL does allow a country widget to
be attached to pet select, but that's because XBL doesn't make this
particular check, though I'm fairly certain something would go wrong
in the implementation.

As long as the schema is available to search engines it doesn't matter
what the widget looks like, given the assumption that no one would
attach the wrong widget to a node.

And as was brought up before, CSS doesn't control selection and
querring schemes. CSS selectors were proven useful in selecting things
in XML and (X)HTML. Now, I think it's bad to combine layout and
formatting, but I can't stop you guys, so have fun.

--

Orion Adrian