Re: Why Binding Scripting in Style Layer Conflates Semantics

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> Actually, based on what you say in the beginning, the mask example would
> be: you can put on a mask and act like Modzilla, but underneath you're
> still Shelby (the <select> is putting on a mask of <a>s, but the
> semantics in the markup still say it's a <select>).

Precisely, which is the mask, the <select> or the <a>s?  Either way it is
deception.  If the markup says I am <select>, and the implementation says
I am list of <a>s, then what am I??  To markup consumers I am a <select>
and to implementation consumers I am <a>s.  That is conflation, deception,
and obscurity!

You said it better than I did!

--

Kind Regards,