Re: [META] Obsession v. "failure to be understood"

> not all proposals fall into that category, and I therefore
> suggest that there needs to be a mechanism whereby this
> list can be sub-classed for a finite duration so that

That is a user agent issue.  It's been a standard capability on good USENET
user agents for the best part of two decades and there is enough information
to allow it to be done with most contributions on this list.  There are tools
that will present mailing lists to USENET user agents.

Doing it at source won't help because the psychology of the participants is
against it; they want to be heard.