Re: [CSS21] Status of defult (intrinsic) style sheet in UA

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:44:50 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
On Wednesday 2005-11-23 11:30 -0800, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> So for "non-CSS sources of style data" we need to
> select proper constant value for the source to place
> such group of styles "at points within that sort" where we needed.

Sure, that works, but I think it's a lot clearer to say:

 1. UA stylesheet
 2. non-HTML presentational attributes
 3. user stylesheet, sorted by specificity and then order
 4. HTML presentational attributes
 5. author stylesheet, sorted by specificity and then order
 6. style attributes
 7. getOverrideStyle stylesheet
 8. author stylesheet !important, sorted by specificity and then order
 9. getOverrideStyle stylesheet !important
 10. user stylesheet !important, sorted by specificity and then order
 11. UA stylesheet !important, sorted by specificity and then order

than to describe magic numbers for (2), (4), (6), (7), and (9) and let
the reader/implementor end up with this list after sorting himself.

(If this is actually the right list, which it may well not be...)

-David