Re: [CSS21] Status of defult (intrinsic) style sheet in UA

----- Original Message -----
From: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: [CSS21] Status of defult (intrinsic) style sheet in UA

>On Tuesday 2005-11-22 20:19 -0800, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>> From: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
>> >
>> >That could indeed be done (and is in fact more or less what the "inline
>> >style rule" digit is)...
>>
>> Yep. For the terms of formal specification this will work better.
>
>Actually, it won't, since other things such as presentational attributes
>and DOM CSS's override style fit themselves in at a certain point in the
>weight/order sort.  In other words, non-CSS sources of style data fit at
>points within that sort, but not within the specificity sort.  (And they
>should probably be listed there too.)
>
>-David

David, it seems I don't understand something here...

"non-CSS sources of style data fit at points within that sort, but not within
the specificity sort."

Let's say we have "five digits" instead of four for sorting purposes:

source-a-b-c-d

a-b-c-d - describe specificity
source - describe source (group, layer, system)

So for "non-CSS sources of style data" we need to
select proper constant value for the source to place
such group of styles "at points within that sort" where we needed.

Or I missed something again?

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com