Re: [CSS21] Status of defult (intrinsic) style sheet in UA

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:05:00 -0800
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
To: "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [CSS21] Status of defult (intrinsic) style sheet in UA

| Lachlan Hunt wrote:
| > We see that in first position is the user agent's stylesheets (including
| > normal and !important rules), and positions 2 to 5 are the user and
| > author stylesheets.  Perhaps that could be clarified as:
| >
| >    1. *user agent normal style sheets*
| >    2. *user agent important style sheets*
|
| What does it mean for a user agent style sheet to be important?  How do you
| tell?  Keep in mind that there may be no actual CSS style sheet there.

All the more. Why we need this: "Style sheets from these three origins will
overlap
in scope, and they interact according to the cascade." [1] then?

Why do they need to interact? What does "interaction" mean here?
It is two (or probably three) independent style systems applied consequently.
If we will consider them this way we don't even need !important.

| -Boris

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#cascade

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com