Re: [CSS 2.1] Proposed Rewording for Cascading Rules

L. David Baron wrote:
>The interaction of !important with style attributes is tested in
>   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS1/current/test31.htm
>(the third test).
>
>All of the browsers you mention pass that test, as the spec currently
>requires.

Bloody hell!  I wrote my own test case and had a typo.  I was
inadvertently testing error recovery behavior.  Blast!

>I agree that
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CSS21-20050613/cascade.html#cascading-order
>is a bit unclear, but I don't think it needs to be nearly as verbose as
>you propose.

Clarity is preferred to conciseness, but if a test case is already
out there and everyone passes, who really cares?  It doesn't get more
clear than that.  Sorry for the noise, folks.

-Adam Kuehn