Re: Computational complexity of CSS

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:27:03 +0100
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

* Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>Think about specificity of style selectors. CSS *requires* them to be
>placed in flat table.

If one of the CSS specification explicitly requires specific algorithms
or data structures when implementing rather than defining the effect it
would be helpful as you could point these out. If they don't, I don't
really understand, in fact, I don't understand the flat table part
either; specifity per CSS 2.1 is a 4-digit number in a number system
with a very large base, how is that relevant here?