Re: How Do I Propose a CSS3 Spec Change?

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Felix Miata wrote:
>> Is there a formal procedure to do this?
>
> Yes: Become a W3C member,

Considering that's a fairly major entry barrier for most people...

>> Do I simply send an email to this list?
>
> That is the informal procedure.

Hypothetically speaking, say a really good specification of an original
idea for a new property has been drafted and sent to this list.  The
spec clearly describes in great detail about its use cases, how it
affects rendering, how it interacts with other properties, the box model
and/or other relevant sections of the CSS, plus describes how it can be
incrementally rendered, any parsing issues, cascading and inheritence
issues, etc.  The author also satisfactorily responds to all questions
and comments raised.

What are the chances of such a proposal at least being discussed for 5
minutes (before being rejected) at the next CSSWG meeting?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/