Re: [css21] nested body elements (text/html)

From: Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:34:36 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> <http://annevankesteren.nl/test/css/legacy/001>
>
> Just mentioning it here. It seems there is some non sensible interop
> between Firefox and Internet Explorer. Opera seems to follow CSS 2[1]
> in  this regard.
>

> [1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.html#q2>

That's some odd CSS, but I BELIEVE that IE and Firefox have it right
here (though I suspect the line SHOULD have a green background, but
since the document only has one body element...).  When I looked at it
in Opera (both 8.5 and 9 Beta), it filled the background with green.  My
guess is that means Opera is automatically adding <html> and <body> or
something?  I'm somewhat confused about this.
--

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!