RE: CSS Organizer (feedback pleas)

> From: Lonnie Best
>
> I just through together a tool that organizes CSS.
> http://www.lonniebest.com/FormatCSS/
> I was hoping you had a minute to look at it and test it out.

The alphabetising as only way of ordering isn't helpful.
I tried it with a stylesheet from a customer site and it
threw away the comments and groupings I had in the sheet.

It is easier to understand and maintain styles if there is
a sensible grouping of style rules that match page sections
or functions.

For example, I had all nav menu styles grouped together
and labelled with comments. Similarly I had all the generic
page elements grouped together. In some cases it may be good
to sort alphabetically within those groupings, but as David
has noted, arbitary changes in the order of things can
change the results, the a element is a good case with its
LVHA ordering of the pseudo-elements being needed for proper
functioning of the styles in many cases.

--
Peter Williams