Re: ::can-have-focus pseudo-class?

From: Martijn <martijn.martijn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 00:18:18 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

> What is the advantage of this over selecting all the elements that can
> have such a
> state?
You don't always know which elements can have such a state.

> What about cases where whether an element is focusable depends on the
> style and layout?
Sounds to me that's a potential loophole in itself.

> For example, in Gecko a random block is focusable if
> it has overflow:scroll or overflow:auto and is overflowing.  This allows
> users to tab to it and use arrow keys to scroll, which the accessibility
> people consider very important.
Well, what happens when you have div { overflow:scroll;} div:focus
{overflow:visible;}?
You have a potential loophole here.
If Gecko can manage that, it should also handle the
:can-have-state(:focus) thing.

Regards,
Martijn