Re: [CSS3 lists] - glyph suggestion

Your reference [0] states "To obtain other glyphs, authors should use
the 'content' property of the ::marker pseudo-element". This is the
preferred way of having your own customised glyphs for bullet markers,
and is obviously completely flexible for authors to use whatever
character they wish.

The named glyphs are a convenience and obviously easier to learn than
adding character codes, but they're somewhat rigid and ::marker {
content: 'blah'; } overcomes this.

In the case of your request, you'd want a style looking like this:

li::marker
{
  content: '\2717'
}