Re: Property "rotate"

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:39:47 +0200
To: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org

I don’t think 3D web pages are anything new. Think of VRML, which I
remember already trying out somewhere in the 1990s, when we still had a
Pentium Pro 233 computer. If they were the future of the web, and
created as much added value as you imagine, I think it would have
existed by now.

Nevertheless, I do see value in an SVG-like usage of 3D on the web, for
(interactive) illustrations. Imagine a web page on chemistry, showing
the structure of a molecule in a 3D representation, and rotating the
independant atoms to visualize how they rotate in reality. I imagine
that would get the point through pretty quickly.

But I guess this is off-topic.

~Grauw