Re: CSS selectors and xml:id

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>BH> Could you propose text that should be added?
>
>If an implementation supports CSS 2.1 and also supports xml:id, then the
>xml:id attribute must be treated as an ID for the purposes of CSS
>selector processing.

Okay, so, CSS 2.1 states

  The ID attribute of a document language allows authors to assign
  an identifier to one element instance in the document tree. CSS
  ID selectors match an element instance based on its identifier.

It seems that if your text is meant to change requirements for CSS 2.1
implementations, it must be possible to "support xml:id" in a way that
does not cause xml:id IDs (if any) to be assigned to an element. So it
seems that either adding this text as purely informational note to CSS
2.1 or changing the xml:id CR to prohibe such implementation (or both)
would be satisfactory to you.  If not, I am afraid I do not understand
the proposed text.