Re: Stand-in color before images load

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:41:39 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> David Wolley said:

Actually it was David Woolley who wrote:

> > If you set a foreground colour, you must set a background colour that
> > contrasts
>
> How about contrast properties for text, such as "contrast: 50,50;" the first
> number being the minimum contrast and the second being the maximum, and

I proposed a pseudo-colour that always contrasted some time ago, but
with a different use case.  It was rejected, probably because the use
case was allowing users to prevent authors from producing poor colour
contrasts (certainly a problem with some sites) without totally overriding
the colour scheme, but that is something that one would only normally
do in the user style sheet, so it wasn't important to define a wire
format.