Re: IDs, Classes : could CSS usefully use a third (abstract) concept ?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:44:27 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Looking at a colleague's CSS recently, I couldn't help but
> think that "good" CSS might be a lot easier to compose if
> CSS were to support the concept of clustering.  By this

This is just a variation on the macro facility proposal that
comes up frequently.

The problems are that it is something that can easily be done
by an authoring tool or server side pre-processor and that these
proposals tend to assume that there is no cascade and only a single
author and fail to consider how the new feature will cascade.