Tabs and the CSS3 Basic User Interface Module

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:14:51 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

value called "tab". This could be very useful for making lists look and
behave like native tabs, but there's something I don't understand. Tabs
are almost always used in a group context, yet there is no "tab-group"
property value. Is there a specific reason for this? It would seem to me
that a "tab-group" value would make it easy to create a tab group with a
simple unordered list...

| ul.tabgroup { appearance: tab-group }
| ul.tabgroup il { appearance: tab }

....Or perhaps a <div> and some hyperlinks...

| div.tabgroup { appearance: tab-group }
| div.tabgroup a { appearance: tab }

    Then again, if I understand correctly, |appearance| doesn't affect
the |display| property. Should this require "tab" and "tab-group" values
for |display|?