ECMAScript in CSS aka "Expressions"

From: David R <david@davidr.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:32:28 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

This may have already been discussed, but since I haven't been a member
of the list for long, forgive me if I'm raising a long-dead subject...

But what is the current state of "ECMAScript in CSS" aka "Expressions"
(as a recommendation put forward to the W3C by Microsoft)

Although presently we can already employ ECMAScript to affect element
styling, it needs to be contained in anther document. Personally, I
consider *.js ECMAScripts to be relating to page interactivity and
dynamic content, rather than simple styling.

...Lest we see the return of JSSS?

--
-David R