Re: Why reduce font size

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:05:48 -0500
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Kevin Lawver <kplawver@aol.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> For the record, Opera also supports setting a minimum font size.

This rough sketch might illustrate that visual weight, proportion and
sense of emphasis would be lost if I relied on a Minimum font size
setting for every day browsing. The sketch doesn't have precise keyword
relative sizes but, say a visitor chose 9 for minimum, and 9 is small.
The result is one size rather than three sizes smaller than medium.

http://people.w3.org/~lesch/size.png

Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful replies. Sorry if this topic
wasn't suitable for www-style. My question about another change in
shipping sizes was answered. Best wishes.