Re: Why reduce font size

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:24:16 +0100
To: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Susan Lesch wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Do some Web designers prefer fonts too small to read in Firefox with my
 > preference, Baskerville 14 (Mac OS 10.3.8)? If I needed to call Opera,
 > Adobe, Microsoft or Netscape, I'd have to be very close to the screen to
 > read a phone number. Here are a few examples.

I don't know why they do it (although I have
my suspicions) but one of these is /fascinating/ :

 > http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/default.mspx

Zoom in (I use Ctrl-+) and all of a sudden a second
image will appear behind the first; on testing,
I see it's intended to be revealed by a mousover,
but at certain levels of zoom it exists in its
own right!

Philip Taylor