Re: [CSS21] properties for table-column (In HTML: COL) & table-column-group (In HTML: COLGROUP) items.

From: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:09:15 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

On 6/30/05, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> Orion Adrian wrote:
> > XSLT, of which I am a fan is a translation language. It isn't really a
> > styling language despite the name.
>
> XSLT is just one part of XSL.  XSL-FO is probably more like what you're
> after.

No, it's not. XSL-FO is another train wreck altogether. I'm not
looking for something so complex. I'm a fan of the simple
specification. Bringing in the mostly non-implemented XSL-FO would be
too much of a hardship.

I'm looking for a way to specify layout independant of content that
supports incremental rendering, no reflow and is easy to
read/write/maintain. I think I found a solution to do that.

Orion Adrian