New Selectors

From: <Kris@meridian-ds.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:26:32 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Hey all this is my first post and suggestion, so I guess I'm a newb here.

I've been digging into the 2.1 and 3 selectors lately and still can't find
one that does what I want.  This lead me to believe that many people my
profit from the idea so here it is.

Psuedo-classes:
:even-child
:odd-child

This could be especially useful when styling table rows inside a tbody.  It
also has great applications in general.  As I said, I've read through the
selector specs and didn't see anything that did this.  At least not in the
straight forward manner I'm suggesting.  If this already exists in some
other form I appologize for having not found it before making this
suggestion.

Kris Vanderwater