[CSS2.1][CSS3 Lists] List-style-type values

From: George Chavchanidze <gch@rmi.acnet.ge>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:16:38 -0400 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

CSS2.1 WD says:
	"Implementors are urged to implement these features, or correct
bugs in their implementations,
	if they wish to see thsse features remain in this specification.
	New 'list-style-type' values: 'armenian', 'georgian',
	Implementors should look at CSS3 Lists instead"
AFAIK description of Georgian numbering given in CSS3 lists module is
The right one is described in
See also

But the actual problem is not whether it is right or wrong.
If browsers would implement this list-style-type property several
centuries ago,
then may be our ancestors would use it, but in modern Georgian this
numbering system
is not used at all. Therefore I think it is reasonable to replace ancient
Georgian numbering
systems with *much more useful* alphabetic system similar to lower-greek
and lower-latin.
Or even go further and define one alphabetic counter style and
list-style-type with optional
argument specifying Unicode range. In this case lower-roman  will look

alphabetic(a-z) or just alphabetic

upper-roman will be

lower-greek will be

georgian will be

Much less head ache for implementators, users, linguists and ethnologists
and better functionality that covers many of CSS3 list styles.