[css3] Specification Print Rules

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:30:04 +0200 (MEST)
To: www-style@w3.org

Dear CSS WG,

can you finally (it always annoyed me, and it surely always annoyed others)
please, please modify or even remove the following declaration from all CSS
3 specification style sheets:

  margin: 0 0 0 8.5em !important;

As far as I remember, it's used everywhere, and I just came across it in the
(style sheet for) the latest CSS 3 Basic UI module [1]. The evil is located
in the print specific rule for the "body" element.

For the records, it causes a supercool mega-indent when you print all those
documents. Hey, though that entire stuff is admittedly hot, I do /not/ want
to triple my paper budget (and I don't even want to think about disabling
CSS, saving any file locally, or anything else you thought your audience
would do). Does anybody else?

And by the way - if you really, really want to set the official W3C world
record for changing anything quickly, hey, then that's the moment you have
been waiting for...! :)

Thank you,
 Jens.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-css3-ui-20040511/default.css