Re: Proposal: content-vertical-alignment

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 11:57 PM
Subject: Re: Proposal: content-vertical-alignment

| > %% units [1] allow to align content vertically or
| > horizontally in any proportion.
|
| What Andrew meant was "would allow".  He's referring to
| his own, currently rejected, proposal for a new type of unit.

What David meant was "not accepted" rather
than "currently rejected" :-P.

I never heard that anyone here rejected them.

In fact %% units are used heavily now in
HTMLayout specific domains -
builtin html used for UI automation - pretty much
in the same domains where XUL is used now.

BTW: in my Harmonia Project [1] (open source)
builtin (quasi) HTML engine uses %%  calculations
instead of standard percents. So there are no
percents-of-container-width there at all. Just
percents-of-free-space.

[1]
http://www.terrainformatica.com/wiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=Harmonia.Harmonia

Andrew Fedoniouk.