Re: Proposal: content-vertical-alignment

Laurens Holst wrote:

>>> Thoughts?
>>

>> Your proposal is asymmetric :-)  Surely there should be
>> three possibilities, not two :
>>
>>   margin-box-model: [ horizontally-symmetric | symmetric |
>> vertically-symmetric ]
>>   default value: horizontally-symmetric
>
> I like the thought of vertically-symmetric, it would be nice to create
> layouts which expand vertically instead of horizontally.

This should also affect height: auto;, I don’t think it solely applies
to margins.

Some of the possibilities: think about vertical top-to-bottom
right-to-left Japanese text (the UA would have to start with scrolling
all the way to the right instead of the left :)).

Or an example that probably applies better to us roman writers: columns
which have the height of the screen and expand horizontally, which makes
them much more natural to read.

~Grauw